Monday, August 24, 2009

Tailwinds USAC series #8 Fort Custer Time Trial

John Meyers, Joberon and Jason Lummis attended the 3nd to last USAC series race by tailwinds.net..... Race day temps where cool with an overcast sky..

Jason finished 2nd, John 8th and Joberon after a wicked crash 13th.....



Jason Lummis:
Nice day for a fast lap of the many trails of Fort Custer ! I needed to have a good race to stay in the hunt for 1 of the top 3 spots in the USAC series. Christian Tanguy has been unstoppable this year except for one bad flat at BIG M. I gave it a go for the W on sunday but only managed a 2nd by a few secs to 3rd/4th...I didn't make time to pre ride the course and found myself going to fast into the corners and braking a lot.1 log climb caught me off guard as you had to exit it via a skinny rail or drop 5ft to a flat, I made the skinny ;).....I felt strong the whole ride and I am looking forward to the Stony Creek XC this sunday as the XC season comes to an end here in MI....Chequamegon and Iceman are my last 2 MTB races, while I try to find parts to build up my CX frame so I can have a proper CX race bike for next months CX season openers !
I also won the 1st race in the Jolly Pumpkin CX series last wednesday night ! Great fun on a week night !
--JL

No comments: