Thursday, September 10, 2009

Summer's Still Alive



I can tell summer is coming to a end as my Oberon stock is shrinking. Say it
ain't so! The good news, however, is the added inventory of those other tasty
Bell's flavors. Oktoberfest, Two Hearted, Best Brown and, in a few months time,
HOP SLAMMMMmmmmmm. I love beer. In addition to polishing off my final few summer
brews I've managed to pack the last month with lots of racing. Since my rear
rotor meltdown at Big M I've scored a lackluster 24th at Ore to Shore, a
meltdown at the Pontiac lake XC, a head cold at the first annual Milford Crit,
tree collision at the Fort Custer TT, podium spot in the Tailwinds Michigan USAC
MTB Finale and a couple sprints for 3rd place at some local Labor Day weekend
road race action.







(photo credits to BroBriberon Brzuchanski)

Lots of fun was had. Especially during the past few weeks as
I've been rolling on my brand new custom Quiring steel 29er. Thanks to Scott
Quiring, Bell's Brewery, Keith Riege and Paint Creek Bicycles, Stan's, Oakley,
Crank Brothers, Garneau, Geax and Aberdeen I've been slicing and dicing the
trails all around Michigan and even giving the CXers a run on the dirt roads of
Oakland County. This thing is light, quick and, my favorite part, sexy. I love
mountain biking.

Hopefully everyone is feeling good and ready to charge into some late summer
action. Be careful not to overdo it though as we have lots to do this fall. You
may want to dig out some groovy duds and dust off those dancin' shoes as there's
another massive bash in the works following that bike race in November. Party
plans are in the works, band has confirmed and, rumor has it, the bar has added
another pile of draft lines for our Bell's sampling pleasure. I don't know about
you but I'm pumped! Add to that all the special guests, celebrities and host of
heavy hitters rumored to be racing to TC this year. Ohhhh yeah! Stay tuned for
details.

This weekend I'm planning on heading to the Addison Oaks XC. One of THE most
entertaining trails around and a final tune up for my 2nd run at Chequamegon.
Dun dun dun! Chequamegon is on the horizon. Last year I was 14th. More
importantly, I beat Lummis. He and I haven't spoken in weeks. Nerves are high.
Lot's of tension. Covert training. It's on my friends! I'll give you a report as
soon as we return.

Have fun everyone. Thanks for reading.

Joberon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

B@TM!!!!!

Cruise said...

the orange arm warmers with the blue kit is hot!

Stewy said...

thata boy Brewchamp!